Monday, August 17, 2009

The Skeptic



Well, I guess I'd call myself an Agnostic, but I'm not really interested in the issue of God, so being an Ignostic might allow for me to shy away from the concept of God. Because, in all honesty, debating God's existence is futile endeavor of note (I regret the countless days I've spent debating 'his/her/its existence). But I guess I just want people to appreciate and embrace a skeptical lifestyle (constructive skepticism of course). When I talk to people about issues and they show 100% certainty in their opinions, I get really pissed because of their stance - because, there's an inherent approach to life that they have, that I've tried to destroy in my own (if that makes sense). Absolute certainty is the most dangerous thing thing in life - as it leads to a form of militant fundamentalism. I remember a quote that went something like this: "If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him!"

What does it feel like to be so assured of one's beliefs? I certainly haven't a clue. I guess I am fraught with skepticism at the moment, which I try to embrace to the best of my abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment